ALL PHOTO'S AND PAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED BY STACEY LAPORTE

PLEASE BE KIND AND DON'T STEAL. THANK YOU!

DIGITAL SCRAPBOOK PAGES

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A TRIP TO THE ER

After getting worse and week and faint I called my Dr. and they had me go to the ER on THURSDAY around 4pm for re hydration and some testing. After an x-ray and CAT scan they found that my appendix was enlarged and thought they may have to do surgery. They admitted me and I was put in a room on the 9th floor of McLaren at 1:30am. After a night of bathroom explosions, a team of surgeons came in to check me out. They poked and prodded and didn't find anything. They ruled out appendicitis because the symptoms didn't follow the right path. So, they gave me more anitbiotics and an anti pooping medicine. Well, I ended up having an allergic reaction to the anti pooping med... I told them I was allergic to oranges! Geesh. So they gave me an anti nausea medicine through the IV that made me vomit. I told everyone to get out and let me go to sleep after that. The nurse came in hours later and tried giving me more meds and I said HECK NO, get out please! They did. I was finally released SATURDAY morning. What a horrible trip that was.



I'm happy to say that I am feeling much better today. The runs are subsiding, and all that remains is the groggy, light headed feeling, and weakness. They never came up with an actual diagnosis, but they believe it was several viruses and bacterial infections that attacked my system and I just couldn't fight it all off.

I'm to follow up this week with my family physician. I'll let you know more as I find out. My apt. is for Friday!

No comments: